Friday 29 May 2009

What a week!

The days have just flown by and I've not had much time for anything other than work, tidying and sleep! I probably spent all my "fun" time at the weekend. I had the wedding, then a swing/jive party on the Sunday night and spent the Monday with some friends, all days off were gone and I ended up with a busted ankle (think I over indulged on dancing Saturday and Sunday)!



I have a few pieces I've managed to knock together this week and hopefully I'll be able to do some more at the weekend!



I got this new tilda through the post recently and havent had a chance to use it yet!






It worked for 3 challenges this week though so sounds like the perfect excuse to me :)


I've used the sketch on The Sketch & Stash challenge this week.

The daring card makers challenge this week is "Wet, wet, wet". Tilda is in the rain so that surely counts :)

Over on A Spoon full of sugar the challenge is to add lace to your project this week. I really love this burgundy lace and am going to be so sad when I've run out!!

Papers are daisy bucket designs
Tilda was stamped with whispers dual brush markers and coloured with chalks and twinkling h20s. I then used a sakura quickie glue pen to highlight the rain drops and sprinkled the dark blue doodlebug sugar coated glitter over them. I then highlighted the dots on the umbrella and used the red doodlebug blitter on them. I finally used sakura glaze pens to highlight the frilly bit and edge on the umbrella and tilda's bands on her plaits (in red), i used a clear glaze pen for the umbrella handle & pocket on tilda to give it a bit more dimension too.



Brads, ribbon, flowers & cardstock from stash.



Hope you like it!



2 more cards to come
xxx

2 comments:

LOUISE said...

Great card Belz, love the cute Tilda, and the papers are fab too. Louise x

Becky said...

So pretty Belz, I love the way you have coloured Tilda's coat!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx