Thursday 9 September 2010

Beautiful Sweetie!

Hi All,

Got a couple of cards to show you today - I'll do them as separate posts though as it'll take a while to write about each of them I think!

Right, well onto the first one - I made this for the sweetie search currently going on over at the sugarbowl, they're looking for some more sweeties! Cross fingers and toes please everyone - and if I make it, there might just be some sweet sugar for everyone to win, if you get my drift ;)

There's a bit of dimension...



Here's the full creation...



And here's a close up of the colouring and sparkle!


And here's how I made it:

Stamps:
Image is from Sugar Nellie - it's called "Cup of Tea" by Leanne Ellis
Coloured with Copics and the adorable dots I've used stickles (waterfall) to had some extra 'sugary sparkle'
Sentiment is from pink gem stamps, stamped in tim holtz distress ink - dusty concord. I then coated the edges with some more 'sugary' stickles (pink)

Papers & Card
I used tim holtz distress ink - broken china to cover the card blank.
The design papers are from basic grey -euphoria.
Cardstock is from stash.

Finishing touches:
The flowers are from papermania
The Purple rose buds are fairytale roses from Dies to Die for
Gems and button are from stash. Hope you spotted the tiny gem on the flower in her hair too!
The edges of the dp and image are distressed using the inkessentials foam pad tool and tim holtz distress ink - dusty concord.
I've used the Martha Stewart doily lace punch to create the edge around the image. I saw a site where they showed how to do this - finally braved trying it myself and what do you know, couldn't find the site! Tried to remember it from memory - it's more fiddley than I was expecting it to be. If anyone knows where the post it - please do post me the link!


I'd also like to enter it into Charisma Cardz Challenge this week - which is to try something new or not done before.
Craft Your Days Away - Girly 'n' Glitter (gorgeous girly glittery dots!) and Crafts and Me - Gems and Sparkle (sparkley dress dots and gems on the edges)
My Time To Craft - Jewelled (lots of yummy gems!)
Thanks for looking, hope you like it!

xxx

2 comments:

Bianca said...

Your card is so lovely! I love the brite colors! xx Bianca

Crafteezee said...

What a cheery card. Thanks for joining us at Crafs and Me. Hugs Tracy x